Fearless Leadership Residency
God’s DREAM > My Ambition
Are you pursuing a career in ministry leadership?
Are you feeling called to plant a church?
A full-time residency could be your next step towards God’s DREAM for your future!
Serving God and His people through vocational ministry is an exciting journey. Whether you’ve trained for it already or are looking for a first step, a fulltime residency can help you gain the experience and connections you need to become an effective leader in the Church or a non-profit organization.
Our DREAM process will help you….
Discover how God has equipped you to lead
Rooted in God’s Word, His community, and His mission
Explore and be exposed to various aspects of ministry
Apprentice and gain valuable hands on experience
Ministry training, mentoring, and coaching
Residencies available in…
- Worship and Technical Arts Ministry
- Young Adults Ministry
- High School Ministry
- Middle School Ministry
- Children’s Ministry
- Life Groups Ministry
- Missions Ministry
- Care and Pastoral Ministry
- Operations and Executive Leadership
Studies show that church planting is THE most effective and efficient means of reaching those who are far from God with the love of Jesus. Rather than continuing to grow our existing churches, we have a vision to plant churches all over Western Michigan, in strategic cities around the country and in different countries throughout the world. To help us do this, we need leaders just like you. The Fearless Leadership Residency is our way cultivating, assessing, training, and sending leaders to serve at our current and future Fearless churches and at partner church plants. Our hope is that our residents will become staff members and pastors who help us catalyze a movement of church-planting churches.
Our goal at the end of your residency is to…
1. Help you find a fulltime position within our churches
2. Support your dream to plant a new church, or
3. Help you find your next step in ministry through our connections and recommendations
I was set on my own course, but God had something bigger for me. He opened a door to the Fearless Leadership Residency, a year of growth, and now a full-time job working in a position that uses my passions and strengths!
Through the Fearless Leadership Residency, I was pushed and grown into a style of leadership that best suited me. It gave me the confidence and experience to authentically lead people in Worship, which I now do at one of our church plants!
The Fearless Leadership Residency gave me a hands-on opportunity to develop in ministry leadership. And after two years I was able to couple what I learned in the residency, with a skillset I already had, to step into a full-time ministry position.
After an assessment party (a big group job interview with all the candidates) our team will determine if and where we believe you are likely going to thrive in our residency program. If applying directly for the Phase Three Church Planter Residency, a different assessment will take place that is just for church planters.
Leading Self and Leading Others
Leading Others and Leading Leaders
Leading Leaders and Planting Churches
To be considered for this residency you must be 18 years or older, an undergraduate degree or equivalent experience, complete an online application by the deadline listed above and attend a group assessment party to be held at Ridge Point Community Church on the date above
TIME: This is a full-time residency (40 hours a week). If you are in the process of completing your degree there is a possibility that a 30-hour residency may be available depending on the circumstances.
DOING THE MATH
- A single phase one resident could make up to $1500.00 per month
- A married phase one resident could make up to $2500.00 per month
FUNDRAISING: 100% of the money you raise will go directly to you. Anything you raise over your cap will go to cover training expenses for you.
- Phase One: You are required to raise at least $500.00 per month support (max $1000.00 single or $2000.00 if married) from sponsors. Your supporters can set up automatic payments through our giving portal by credit card. One-time gifts can be amortized as well.
- Phase Two: You are required to raise at least $750.00 per month support (max $1500.00 single or $2500.00 if married) from sponsors. Your supporters can set up automatic payments through our giving portal by credit card. One-time gifts can be amortized as well.
- Phase Three: You are required to raise at least $1000.00 per month support (max $2500.00 single or $3500.00 if married) from sponsors. Your supporters can set up automatic payments through our giving portal by credit card. One-time gifts can be amortized as well.
PERSONAL STIPEND: Once your fundraising minimum has been met, you will receive an additional stipend from the Fearless Family of Churches. Yes, we believe in you so much, and your development time is so valuable to us that we are going to pay you to learn. This can be used for whatever you would like… ramen noodles, seminary tuition, gym memberships, candy crush upgrades, etc.
- Phase One: $500.00
- Phase Two: $1000.00
- Phase Three: $1500.00
- Phase One: We will not provide insurance for you. Your parent’s health insurance will cover you up to age 26 (This will be the best option available).
- Phase Two: If not still under your parent’s insurance, we will provide you with a stipend of $200.00 per month for personal and or family health Insurance
- Phase Three: If not still under your parent’s insurance, we will provide you with a stipend of $200.00 per month for personal and or family health Insurance
* Auto, home, life, snowmobile, watercraft, and other insurances are up to you.
May 17, 2019
May 23, 2019
September 3-5, 2019
MEET OUR RESIDENTS
I am a second year resident based at Cultivate Community Church helping to lead high school, middle school, and children’s ministries. My husband Alex and I have been married for almost a year now (in December!) and live in Grandville. God has used this residency to discover my love for church plants and further grow my passion for student ministry. Last year I shadowed various ministries and learned the big picture of how the different parts of Christ’s Body work together in the church. This year I am able to take a step up in my leadership and experience what it takes to lead a ministry with volunteers and students with God at the center!
“I AM WHO GOD SAYS I AM”…He has made this real for me the past few weeks. My soul is being filled with the rewards of ministry. I am learning that we may be wiping tears of sorrow off one shoulder and collecting joy off the other shoulder.
My husband John and I live in Holland with our three boys, Liam, Duke and Zeke. I was attracted to the residency because God had been calling me to a more active roll in leadership, but I fell in love with the idea of connecting technical training with ministry training, and being able to help support my family in that training period. Worshiping God fills my soul with fire, and I thank Him every day for allowing me to be taken in by the staff of the Fearless network of churches to make that a career.