Michigan is a beautiful state to live in. God truly blesses us with the seasons. Fall is a wonderful time of the year. The leaves are changing, the air is getting cooler, and the kids are back in school. Fall can also be a busy and expensive time of year due to sports starting up, clubs starting up, hectic school schedules, school supplies, holidays approaching, and more. It is so important to remember to make time for family togetherness. Quality time as a family does not have to be difficult or expensive though. Here are some ideas to encourage your family to spend quality time together and get the most out of the season!
- While the weather is still warm why not enjoy a family picnic at a park near you?
- Try out camping in your own back yard! You can set up a tent, look at the stars, have a bon fire, roast s’mores, and enjoy the cool autumn air together
- Stock up on healthy treats and get some fresh air at the same time by visiting your local apple orchard! Apple picking is a wonderful way to get exercise and spend time together as a family
- Get cozy indoors and wrap up in some blankets! Put in a good family movie and enjoy some hot chocolate and popcorn together
- Make the house smell amazing by baking some fall treats together! Who doesn’t love the smell of pumpkin bars or apple pie in the house?
- Have a scavenger hunt! Go for a nature walk and collect leaves and acorns that you can use for a family craft later!
- How about some friendly competition? Get outside and get moving with a family game of football or have a sack race
- Spend the afternoon at a pumpkin patch, then spend the night carving or painting them! Why not try roasting the pumpkin seeds for a healthy snack to enjoy later?
- Get creative! Make Halloween and/or Thanksgiving decorations together and put them up in your home to enjoy
- Is the weather feeling chilly? Why not warm up by making some tasty soup or chili together?
- Make reading fun by building a fort together and reading a good book inside
- Go on an adventure as a family to get some fresh apple cider and doughnuts
- Got any old clothing laying around the house? Why not turn them into a scarecrow?
- Who says yard work can’t be fun? Rake leaves together into piles then enjoy jumping in them and taking some fun family photos!
It does not matter what you decide to do as a family; as long as you are together and having fun! We would love to see your pictures!! Please share them with us.
Happy Fall Everyone! Keep your eye out for the Winter Family Fun list coming in December!
Ridge Point Children’s Ministry Coordinator