Orphan Sunday and Stand Sunday (foster care focus) are celebrated in November during National Adoption Month. This is a BIG time of year for Mosaic!! We are working hard to raise awareness and bring forth families and individuals to step in the gap for vulnerable children. While we always need people willing to welcome vulnerable kids into their homes, we also have a GREAT NEED for those willing to love on and support those who are bringing kids home! Mosaic wants to partner with YOU whether you’ve brought a child home, MAY want to bring a child home, or you’re passionate to help in another way. In fact, you can join us for breakfast on Nov 16 at our His Kids Awareness Breakfast. We will give you MANY ideas of how you can get engaged for the sake of hurting kids.
Register HERE: https://forms.gle/8ptNyLMLDa5meBGq5
- Join our Prayer Team and pray over our families’ needs and for Mosaic as a ministry.
- We are looking for a prayer warrior to join a statewide, weekly Foster Care Prayer Call. No foster care knowledge needed. 15-20 min web calls.
- Prayer over a new family restoration program we are bringing to Michigan in January called Families Count.
- Join us as we pray as a congregation over waiting children – there are currently 332 waiting children photo listed at www.MARE.org
- Love to plan or help with events? We could use your help!!
- Join our BE AVAILABLE list – be contacted when Mosaic has quick needs: wrapping around a family/bringing a meal, planning/supporting an event, providing transportation, etc.
- Help us encourage our local agency and CPS folks – cookies, cards, prayer, etc.
- Provide gift cards to help with clothing needs for teens coming into foster care (Old Navy, GAP, Kohls, TJMaxx, Target, Walmart, etc)
- We are looking to have a full size, upright Freezer donated so we can provide freezer meals for new placements! Do you have a contact? We’d love to talk!
- New Jeans, gym shoes, PJ’s, socks, and undies are always a great need!