Prayers for Unity and Revival
As we begin our journey through the 40 day prayer challenge I am so excited, grateful and thankful for God’s leading! As a leadership team, we believe God is calling our Family of Churches to collectively prayer for Unity and Revival! I want to share with you how we can pray specifically for these important kingdom values!
John 17:20-21 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.”
There is the danger that the hostility and disunity that is dividing our country politically and socially has come into the church. Jesus has called the church to be unified even in disagreement (John 17). We want to pray that with the Holy Spirit’s guidance and power we will be brothers and sisters who are unified around our common bond in Christ. Beyond that, we ask God to use our unity to impact the communities we live in.
- We ask God to help people on different sides to listen to the other side in a spirit of understanding and cooperation.
- We ask God to bring to light areas that need to be addressed, wisdom to address them helpfully and strength to follow through to good resolve.
- With Jesus’ prayer in John 17 in mind, we ask God to remind and challenge brothers and sisters in Christ to remain unified even if we disagree on issues. May the church model to the world what unity looks like in an age of division.
- May God unify believers across different churches and denomination to look beyond less important differences and to join together as the universal body of Christ to reach and restore our communities.
Acts 1:8 “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Never has the Gospel of Jesus Christ been more relevant in the world. Now, more than even, both society and individual are lost without the truth and grace of Jesus. We want to ask God to bring revival to our church, West Michigan and our nation as a whole.
- May God start his revival with those of us in his church. “Go home. Lock yourself in your room. Kneel down in the middle of the floor, and with a piece of chalk draw a circle around yourself. There, on your knees, pray fervently and brokenly that God would start revival within the chalk circle.” -Draw the Circle, p. 9
- May we be loving and fearless witnesses to the people around us who don’t know Jesus. May we meet their needs, make friendships and move them toward a relationship with Christ. (Who are the specific people you are praying for?)
- May God create a Holy Spirit dynamic much greater than the human efforts of evangelism to create a movement of revival that impacts individuals, families, and communities. May we see healings, salvations, baptisms overflowing generosity, sacrificial service, reconciliations and deep communion with God.
The prayer challenge is an opportunity for all Fearless Followers across the Fearless Family of Churches to unite behind and pray for Unity and Revival in our communities and churches. Let’s join together and pray for God’s Kingdom movement in West Michigan and beyond!
Following Jesus and Fearlessly Making Him Known,
Fearless Family of Churches