How does serving fit into our faith?
When it comes to relationship with Christ, there are two areas that we should keep our focus.
- Vertically: this represents the relationship we have personally with Christ. Revelation of what the cross means to us as individuals is where it begins and our time in prayer and in the word is what fuels this relationship.
- Horizontally: this represents our relationship with those around us.
Many times people draw a mental circle around their loved ones and consider the second part of the equation fulfilled. But in Matthew 22:36-40, we see a different picture…
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Jesus gives us 5 simple words that should shape the way we love and relate to the world around us. “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
Jesus knew how critical it would be to our faith for us to not only get outside the walls of the church but also get outside of ourselves. Loving our neighbor and serving our community is such an important part of what it means to be a Christ follower. Whether you share a fence or a zip code, your impact on the lives of your neighbors can be life changing. And it all happens when a mustard seed of faith is planted by surrendering your time and resources to the Lord.
We have an amazing opportunity to engage in this coming up on March 21st. The day will start at 9am at Ridge Point for coffee, donuts and a commissioning out to our assigned serve locations. We will serve for a total of two hours from 9:30-11:30, both onsite at Ridge Point and offsite at locations like Pullman Ministries or Logan Estates in Zeeland. Below is a full list of the serve opportunities for that morning.
- Kid’s Food Basket at Ridge Point
- Mosaic at Ridge Point
- Young Lives at Ridge Point
- Honduras Mission Team at Ridge Point
- Ridge Point Facilities
- Pullman Ministries/The Linking Center in Pullman
- Holland Rescue Mission Gateway Center in Holland
- Logan Estates in Zeeland
- Pine Trail Camps in Saugatuck
The missional opportunities around us are plentiful and the fields are ripe and ready for harvest! We’ve followed Jesus together. Now, together, let’s fearlessly make him known. To sign up for Big Serve, contact email@example.com or go to https://fearless.ccbchurch.com/goto/forms/608/responses/new
Ridge Point Community Church